torsdag 19 september 2013

I walk in danger all the way




1. I walk in danger all the way; 
the thought shall never leave me 
that Satan, who has marked his prey, 
is plotting to deceive me. 
This foe with hidden snares 
may seize me unawares 
if e'er I fail to watch and pray. 
I walk in danger all the way. 

2. I pass through trials all the way, 
with sin and ills contending; 
in patience I must bear each day 
the cross of God's own sending. 
When in adversity 
I know not where to flee, 
when storms of woe my soul dismay, 
I pass through trials all the way. 

3. And death pursues me all the way, 
nowhere I rest securely; 
he comes by night, he comes by day, 
he takes his prey most surely. 
A failing breath, and I 
in death's strong grasp may lie 
to face eternity today. 
As death pursues me all the way. 

4. I walk with angels all the way, 
they shield me and befriend me; 
all Satan's pow'r is held at bay 
when heav'nly hosts attend me; 
they are my sure defense, 
all fear and sorrow, hence! 
Unharmed by foes, do what they may, 
I walk with angels all the way. 

5. I walk with Jesus all the way; 
His guidance never fails me; 
within His wounds I find a stay 
when Satan's pow'r assails me; 
and by His footsteps led, 
my path I safely tread. 
No evil leads my soul astray; 
I walk with Jesus all the way. 

6. My walk is heav'nward all the way; 
await, my soul, the morrow, 
when God's good healing shall allay 
all suff'ring, sin, and sorrow. 
Then, worldly pomp, begone! 
To heav'n I now press on. 
For all the world I would not stay; 
my walk is heav'nward all the way.
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar