fredag 6 maj 2011

Jesus! the Name high over all



1. Jesus! the Name high over all,
in hell or earth or sky;
angels and men before it fall,
and devils fear and fly.
His only righteousness I show,
his saving grace proclaim;
’tis all my business here below
to cry “Behold the Lamb!”

2. Jesus! the Name to sinners dear,
the Name to sinners giv’n;
it scatters all their guilty fear,
it turns their hell to Heav’n.
His only righteousness I show...

3. Jesus! the prisoner’s fetters breaks,
and bruises Satan’s head;
power into strengthless souls it speaks,
and life into the dead.
His only righteousness I show...

4. O that mankind might taste and see
the riches of His grace!
The arms of love that compass me
would all the world embrace.
His only righteousness I show...

5. O that my Jesu´s heavenly charms
might every bosom move!
Fly, sinners, fly into those arms
of everlasting love.
His only righteousness I show...

6. Him I shall constantly proclaim,
though earth and hell oppose;
bold to confess His glorious Name
before a world of foes.
His only rigtheousness I show...

7. Happy, if with my latest breath
I may but gasp His Name,
preach Him to all and cry in death,
“Behold, behold the Lamb!”
His only righteousness I show...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar